Fall 2022 Desert Air Market
Thank you for your interest in the Fall Desert Air Market!
Desert Air Market (DAM) is Tucson's first recurring popup market created and run by local makers and artists since Winter of 2020. As fellow creators, we uniquely understand the highs and lows of running a small business and navigating the world of popup markets. We are bringing our experience together to create a one of a kind popup with a focus on our local creators.
Each market aspires to create a day of joy and connection by bringing together a diverse community of local Tucson makers and artists. You may notice some familiar faces and we are always striving to uplift new, budding creators!
We ask a little bit more from you in the month leading up to the popup because we believe it takes teamwork for us to get the word out to create a successful popup market.
The definition of community is "a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests and goals." We all want to be successful and grow within our fellow community. Let's grow together and create a strong maker community here in the beautiful Sonoran Desert.
* This Fall’s Desert Air Market will be located on the corner of 6th street & sixth avenue in front of the Firestone Building hosted by Bhava Wellness on Saturday, November 12th, 2022 from 10am until 4pm.
You must be able to attend our vendor mixer on Wednesday, October 26th from 6pm until 8pm at the Bhava Wellness: 439 N. 6th Ave. Suite #179. This mixer is just as important as the event! No one else can attend on your behalf.
Vendor Requirements if participating:
- There will be a $110 table fee per vendor. This fee helps cover costs going towards purchasing Facebook and Instagram ads, paying a DJ to perform day of, paying artists for signage/fliers, hiring a photographer for the event, vendor mixer supplies, secretary work, and physical fliers for local businesses.
- 10% of your table fee will be donated to a local nonprofit, chosen by the majority. All payments for fees are final.
Before market actions required:
- Vendor Mixer - a chance to meet and network with other local makers and artists. Get to know who you will be connecting with before and at the market! Please bring your own drinks. Appetizers will be provided!
- This mandatory mixer will take place on Wednesday, October 26th from 6pm to 8pm at Bhava Wellness: 439 N. 6th Ave. Suite #179.
Social Media Requirements:
We have been successful in creating a local algorithm on social media that connects all of us and boosts engagement. This helps get the word spread as far and wide as possible here in Arizona! Thus, bringing more faces to our popup (we have seen it work before!)
- Please make sure that you are able to be on and engage on Instagram leading up to the market. Not being present or available on Instagram is not an option for this market.
- We understand that social media can be tiresome, but we ask for this specific event that you be present and engage for the duration of the month leading up to the event.
Please be certain to post to your business Instagram a minimum of:
- 1 post of the market flier (we will email you an example post and who to tag).
- 2 stories of the flier
- 1 story of what you are bringing to the market
- Follow everyone that is participating in the popup market including @desertairmarket. You will receive an email after being accepted with all participating vendors and their instagram handles.
- Interact with @desertairmarket posts. This includes liking and commenting with the option to share.
- Commenting, saving, and sharing any posts that other participating vendors publish really helps connect us all through the algorithm.
- You will also be included in an instagram group chat with all vendors. We will be conveying lots of useful market information in the Instagram group chat. Please DM us if you have any questions. If you want to share information with other makers, please use the facebook group for this. We want to keep the Instagram group chat strictly informational for the market.
Market Day actions:
We ask you to please show up between 8:00am - 8:15am and be fully set up and ready to sell by 9:30am. We plan to take a group photo at 9:30 so you must be set up and ready to go.
The maker themself must be at their table on the market day. No sub ins, please! The guests and customers are there to meet the craftsperson who makes these unique items.
You may have 1 person to assist you at your table/booth but please no more than that, space is limited. If you are sharing a table with another vendor, only the 2 vendors/makers are able to stand behind the table.
This is a very busy market. It's expected that you keep your table stocked through the entirety of the market. We understand that this may be new for some of you and we will share more information leading up to the event on what sales flow may look like throughout the day. We want you to succeed!
Please be sure to have a clean and beautiful display. We ask everyone to put extra effort into making their table display look well put together (using shelves or boxes to display products) and curated (not a lot of empty space or cluttered). If you are selling clothing, please have a nice rack to display clothing items using wooden hangers if possible and have your items clearly marked with prices and sizing. We also would like to encourage vendors to bring any extra decor for your table - to bring a little more love to the space. We trust your eye and know you will do the best!
Make friends with your neighboring vendors - some of us are in a popup routine and others are new so let's make everyone feel welcome!
Do Not pack up early. It is required that vendors stay for the duration of the event. If you have down time, hop onto social media and post or make a story about the popup to remind your following where you are and how long you will be there. It also helps to share the map of where the market will be to your followers to help them find you easily.
Network! This is a great opportunity to represent yourself to Tucson. Pass out your business cards and be attentive to shoppers. Always be ready to offer information.
Have fun! Popups are always more fun when we are all trying our best to enjoy ourselves!
Thank you for all of your hard work. We appreciate every one of you!
We understand this is more than what most markets ask of you but this is how we can make the market about community and success. This market is probably a good fit for you! If after reading through these requirements you deem you are able to fully participate, we welcome you to apply below: